This year's line-up...
[Nook & Cranny 3.0 is part of Dunedin Public Libraries' programme of events for New Zealand Music Month 2018]
As New Zealand Music Month draws to a close, we round off the month with an absolute cracker!
Back for a third helping of some of the best of Dunedin’s musical talent, we invite you to join us for another day dedicated to music among the Nooks and Crannies of the City Library.
With around 50 different acts performing between bookshelves, in elevators, on tables, and popping up in other surprising locations, you’ll find music for every taste and mood. Stroll among the books and enjoy a free day of entertainment, celebrating New Zealand songwriters in New Zealand’s City of Literature.
Sunday 27th May, 11am - 4pm
Dunedin City Library, 230 Moray Place, Dunedin
See who's playing ...
- Darryl Baser : Singer-songwriter based in Dunedin since 1993
- Deej Cooper : The #2 musician in Dunedin if you discount everybody else
- Paul S Allen : Singer songwriter, songs from the heart reflecting on the world around.
- Person Will : Vintage New Pop, Electric Folk Bap
- James Dignan : Singer-songwriter; guitar and voice; folky rock
- Robots In Love : Groovy, fun electronic songs with vocals, computers and robots!
- Trent Hawthorne : Varied loops of upside down ukulele and keys, completed with vocals
- One Day Sane : Four-piece Rock band
- Katharticus : Ukulele Experience Dynamic rocked up Surf Punk Ukulele and Bass Duo
- Pearl Street : Gothic folk: original songs of liberation and celebration
- ShelleyJ : Children's nonsense/animal songs, originals, bright, eye-catching persona/set, positive energy
- Dee Street Blues : Original blues/protest/contemporary folk songs. 3 piece band
- Bronwyn : Contemporary country singer/songwriter from Dunedin
- Concrete Grady : Dunedin 5-piece playing all original songs with love! Modern fingerstyle. Melody, chords and percussion on 1 guitar
- Mia : 19 year old singer-songwriter
- Southern Consort of Voices : A cappela performance of madrigals and motets
- Cassandra Scott : Singer Songwriter, playing indie rock and pop.
- Kathartipuss : Solo version of Katharticus Ukulele Experience (Rocked up Uke)
- The Phil Corfield Band : Original, melodic, lyrical, tall tales and true
- The Dunedin Scottish Fiddle Orchestra : Group of fiddles, cello, harp, accordeon, piano, flute etc. playing celtic tunes
- Soaked Oats : Sludge pop's newest sensation to satisfy all of your breakfast needs.
- Devine : Devine is carefree, expansive, explorative, electric, powerful, and exciting!
- Boaz Anema : Purveyor of musical emotions.
- Graham Tamati : Songwriter, acoustic guitarist, folk music, songs from experience and emotion
- Seafog : Band from Port Chalmers. Etheral, Ambient, Loud, Punk , Prog Folk, Rock
- Sateen : Honeyed - at times swampy - raw folk/green blues/mixed tape
- Anti Anti : 5-piece High School Alt-Rock band
- The Unfortunate Repercussions : World Music band focusing on Retro Middle Eastern and Romany influences
- Inge Andrew : Under the label Sticky Folk, Inge Andrew carves out back stories of unusual characters leaving listeners to fill in any blanks
- Holly McPhee : Covers and originals; a mixture of indie-folk and traditional songs
- Kym Alisha : local musician performing covers of songs
- Philip Fleming : Solo performer - singing, playing guitar, and soprano sax. All original songs
- King Weasels Army : Hard Rock originals band, with a pinch of grunge + a dash of classic rock
- Catherine K S : Alternative pop-rock-folk punk-opera with Kate Bush comparisons
- The Doll Drums : Jefferson Airplane meets a punk Kate Bush (alternative pop-rock)
- Solopsist, Asleep : Ambient guitar soundscapes
- Samuel and Beth : Two singers, two guitars, and a bunch of original songs (pop, rock, and country)
- Melissa & The Dr. : This is Americana unfiltered, straight from the source
- Adie K : NZ songs for kids
- Cassandra Scott : Singer, Songwriter, playing a range of love-filled pop songs
- Laney Blue : Two or four piece pop/rock with Violin
- Before The Snooze : Brand new group of four 40 somethings playing original jangle guitar songs
- The Van Grafs : High energy indie pop/rock
- Donna Dean : Real lyrics, real themes, real.people
- Koputai People's Party : Get your groove on to blues, funk and reggae jams!
- Both Sides of the Line : Colourful and exciting Rockabilly and Retro Pop band
- Celluloid Bikers : 7-string guitar fueled jazz
- The Mentalist Collective : Acoustic folk/rock group based in Dunedin, rich harmonies, varied instruments.