Community Law Otago offers free legal information, advice and education to the people of Otago.
With the support of Dunedin Public Libraries, Community Law Otago is offering a public 'Law for Tea' series again this year. They will be held on the ground floor of the library and everyone is welcome.
Find out how the law affects you. Free information and a chance to ask questions. No need to book.
- Tuesday 30th April, 5.30pm – Consumer Law: What are your rights when you shop?
- Tuesday 4th June, 5.30pm – Police Powers: Insight on the powers the police have in certain situations, such as arrests and searches, and what your responsibilities are
- Tuesday 9th July, 5.30pm – Wills Workshop: The importance of wills and associated issues
- Tuesday 13th August, 5.30pm – Enduring Power of Attorney: Planning ahead – why you might need one (or two) and how you can appoint, supervise and remove power of attorneys
- Tuesday 17th September, 5.30pm – Relationship Property: What is relationship property and how is it split upon separation or death?
Cube Space, Living Hub, Ground Floor, City Library