Starts Tuesday 19th February, 5.30pm
A free series of talks on various aspects of every day law, presented by Community Law Otago. Find out how the law affects you. Free information and a chance to ask questions.
All welcome. No need to book.
Pop in for free information and a chance to ask questions. Find out how you can access free legal advice from the Community Law team.
- Tuesday 19th February, 5.30pm – Tenancy Issues: What are your rights and responsibilities as a tenant or a landlord?
- Tuesday 26th March, 5.30pm – Employment Rights: Issues in the workplace and our rights as an employee
- Tuesday 30th April, 5.30pm – Consumer Law: What are your rights when you shop?
- Tuesday 4th June, 5.30pm – Police Powers: Insight on the powers the police have in certain situations, such as arrests and searches, and what your responsibilities are
- Tuesday 9th July, 5.30pm – Wills Workshop: The importance of wills and associated issues
- Tuesday 13th August, 5.30pm – Enduring Power of Attorney: Planning ahead – why you might need one (or two) and how you can appoint, supervise and remove power of attorneys
- Tuesday 17th September, 5.30pm – Relationship Property: What is relationship property and how is it split upon separation or death?
Cube Space, Living Hub, Ground Floor, City Library