Online Gigs videos to view throughout May
Because we can't bring you our usual gig nights at the Library we're bringing gig nights to you at home online! Join us on our Facebook page every Thursday and Friday at 5.30pm throughout May as we introduce you to a different local band or musician. You can also view the videos on our website so if you don't have a Facebook account, no problem! Just pop back to this page for our NZ Music Month online programme (see below) - we'll be putting the links up here too, so you won't miss out. Click on the band name highlighted in colour to access the videos.
REMEMBER, ALTHOUGH THE LIBRARIES ARE NOW OPEN FOR BORROWING AND RETURNING BOOKS, WE ARE NOT YET READY TO HOST EVENTS IN THE LIBRARY BUILDINGS, SO YOU WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO ENJOY OUR NZ MUSIC MONTH PROGRAMME ONLINE VIA FACEBOOK OR OUR WEBSITE.
Here's the full programme of events for New Zealand Music Month 2020
- Friday 1st May: The Ellie Jackson Duo
- Saturday 2nd May: Kaitrin McMullan, Once Upon a Saturday storytelling for children
- Sunday 3rd May 10am: Nook and Cranny Music Festival 5.0 2020
- Thursday 7th May: Boaz Anema
- Friday 8th May: Robert Scott
- Saturday 9th May, 2pm: Dunedin Public Libraries Online Party With Deano Yipadee & Nee Naw The Little Fire Engine
- Thursday 14th May: Kathartipuss
- Friday 15th May: darryl baser
- Thursday 21st May: Saurian
- Friday 22nd May: Kōputai People's Party (KPP)
- Saturday 23rd May: Children's musical show with Shelly
- Thursday 28th May: Liam Boyne
- Friday 29th May: Paul S Allen
(check back here for final details as gig videos are finalised in the lead-up to NZ Music Month)
THIS WEEK'S HIGHLIGHTS
Thursday 21st May: Saurian
Dunedin-based Saurian write and perform rock and metal music. Band members Karl Brinsdon (Guitar and Lead Vocals), Silas Wynlaegan (Bass), Hamish Daniell (Drums), and Cameron Ellis (Guitar) don't confine themselves to one genre or sound, if they write something they like they play it! This video gig is a compilation put together by Karl of gigs performed locally. Be prepared for some high-energy, melodic rock.
Friday 22nd May: Kōputai People's Party
Port Chalmers band KPP will be starting off the weekend with a beautiful acoustic mix of country, folk, reggae and blues, all recorded at a recent gig at Bark! @ The Dog With Two Tails music venue. This was recorded by photographer/videographer Izumi Uchida, with audio by Vernon Sawyers and edited by band member Ulf Uchida. Can't wait to see these guys playing live again!
Saturday 23rd May, 2pm: Shelly
We have another special show for the kids on Saturday afternoon, with a video recorded for Dunedin Public Libraries by Otago Peninsular based singer-songwriter Shelly. Her bright and bubbly songs will have your kids up and dancing around, with songs like Breathe, the Chicken Song and Take a Look at a Library Book, which Shelly wrote especially for Dunedin Public Libraries. Guess which one is our favourite? 😀