Click and collect service
We’ve introduced a click and collect service so you can get plenty to read without having to visit our libraries. This free service is available to anyone, regardless of your vaccination status.
With this service, our staff will choose up to 10 items for you from our collections. You can let us know the sort of things to you like to read and watch. You can also pick up the items you have on hold (hold charges apply for adult members).
You can pick up from any of our libraries on specific days and times – see the forms or the details below.
How it works
Just fill in the form below. Some of the key things we’ll need to know are:
- your name
- your library membership card number
- your preferred collection date and time (allow at least 48 hours from placing your order).
If you are unable to use the electronic form, you can ring us on 03 477 4000 and we can take your order. We’ll also have paper forms available that a family member or friend could collect for you.
We’ll email, phone or text you when your order is ready to be collected.
Collecting your items
It’s easy to pick up your library items. See details below.
Just come to the City Library’s car park at the agreed time (see the forms for details) and signs will show you where to collect your items – please have your library card handy. You will also need to contact trace and wear a face covering.
You can collect your items from the foyer of these libraries at the days and times listed below. You still need to contact trace and wear a face covering.
- Blueskin Bay Library – Wednesday to Friday, between 9.30am and 10am.
- Mosgiel Library – Monday to Friday, between 9am and 9.30am.
- Port Chalmers Library – Monday to Friday, between 10am and 12pm.
- South Dunedin Community Pop-Up – Wednesday and Friday, between 11.30am and 12pm.
- Waikouaiti Library – Monday to Friday, between 10.30am and 11am.
Returning your items
You can return your items, and the accompanying bag, via the libraries’ return chutes.