Introduce your child to the wonderful world of books and language. Visit the Library for half an hour of stories, both old and new.
Suitable for pre-school children and their caregivers.
Here are the session dates and times for each Library. Please note that we do not run these during the school holidays.
- Blueskin Bay Library: Friday 11.00am
- City Library: Wednesday and Friday 10.30 am
- Mosgiel Library: Tuesday 11.00 am
- Port Chalmers Library: Wednesday 10.30 am
- South Dunedin Pop-Up: Talk to our staff about booking a storytime.
- Waikouaiti Library: Friday 11.00 am
WĀ KŌRERO REORUA BILINGUAL STORYTIME
Haere mai e te whānau.
Join us for half an hour of books, stories and waiata in te reo Māori and English. Suitable for preschoolers and whānau who want to have fun and enjoy the beauty of te reo Māori.
- City Library: Thursdays at 10.30am (excluding school holidays)
- Mosgiel Library: Wednesdays at 11.00am (excluding school holidays)
ONCE UPON A SUNDAY
Children love to hear stories and there is no better way to hear them than at the Once Upon a Time storytelling sessions in the Dunedin City Library.
Kaitrin McMullan, Dunedin’s professional storyteller, spins a yarn in the City Library’s story pit every first Sunday of the month at 2.00 pm, except in January and public holidays.
Each and every session is tailored to a different theme and these wonderful stories are sure to inspire and delight children of all ages.